Play dough is definitely a childhood favorite! This easy DIY play dough will be a fun recipe to make with your family or friends. The cool part is you can make different colors and different scents by adding essential oils and food coloring.
Now, we won't tell if you make this recipe for yourself. There is something soothing about playing with this play dough. Some store bought play dough does not smell good, but this recipe will make play dough that smells good!
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Alum Powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- Essential oils
- Food coloring (optional)
- Add flour, salt, coconut oil, & alum powder to a large bowl & stir to combine.
- Pour the boiling water over the dry ingredients.
- Knead the dough with your hands until the playdough forms.
- You can split the dough into four sections & add the desired essential oils & food coloring.
- We chose to use the following: yellow food coloring with lemon essential oil, orange food coloring with orange essential oil, green food coloring with lime essential oil, blue food coloring with lavender essential oil. You will only need about 5-10 drops of essential oil per color.
- Mix each color until combined.
- Store the playdough in an airtight container until ready to use.
Total time: 35 minutes
Makes: 4 colors of playdough