Love popsicles? Here’s a new and unexpected flavor: Earl Grey!
While the tea typically graces us with its elegant presence in cooler days, these stunning ombre pops are an absolute exception. Steeped in rich coconut milk and perfectly complemented with a layer of jammy blueberries, this sweet treat may well become your go-to dessert in hot summer months.
Earl Grey Ombre Popsicles
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup Anthony’s Goods Natural Cane Sugar
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Earl Grey Tea
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅔ cup water
- To prepare the Earl Gray layer, combine the coconut milks, sugar, tea, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Bring to simmer but remove from heat before it boils. Let the tea steep for at least 20 minutes.
- When the tea is sufficiently steeped, strain out the leaves and set liquid aside.
- To prepare the blueberry layer, combine the blueberries, honey and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the berries begin to burst and a thick purple-ish sauce forms. Let cool on the counter or in the fridge.
- Once the blueberry mixture is cool, blend it up and fill into a popsicle mold halfway. Top with the Earl Gray mixture and place the popsicle mold in the freezer.
- Two hours in, once the popsicles have somewhat hardened, push in some popsicle sticks and place back into the freezer for at least 10 more hours.
Makes: 10 popsicles
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 12 hours, 40 minutes