There's something special about a crispy stack of waffles on a weekend morning or with brunch. These delicious waffles will satisfy that craving while keeping your meal gluten-free and vegan!
We guarantee you won't be able to tell the difference between these crisp and fluffy waffles and traditional wheat-based waffles. Enjoy!
Crispy Buckwheat Waffles
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Anthony’s Organic Cane Sugar
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Buckwheat Flour
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Brown Rice Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, oil, pea protein, and sugar; mix well.
- Add the flours and mix well.
- Stir in salt and baking soda.
- Scoop into a waffle iron (makes 4 standard square waffles) and cook until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 minutes
Yield: 4 waffles