Who says you can't add superfoods to desserts? These delicious gingerbread cookies have camu camu, teff flour, and nutritious coconut flour.
These gluten-free gingerbread cookies have a slightly soft, slightly crunchy texture that goes perfectly with the sweet icing.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies with Camu Camu
- ½ cup Anthony's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cup Anthony’s Teff Flour
- 1 tablespoon Anthony’s Camu Camu Powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour, teff flour, camu camu, cinnamon, ginger, and bakings soda; mix well.
- Flour a surface with coconut flour and roll out the dough to about ¼ “ thick.
- Cut with desired cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, and almond milk. Mix well.
- Ice the cookies.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen