Nothing says summer like sunset-colored peaches.
If the rosy stone fruit is calling your name, set a few ripe ones aside for this rustic peach galette, made with almond and coconut flours for a perfectly textured gluten-free crust that pairs perfectly with the sticky, sweet fruit filling.
Gluten-Free Peach Galette
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 ½ cups Anthony’s Goods Culinary Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Natural Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup very cold butter, chopped into chunks
- 2 Tbsp very cold water or milk of choice
- 1 large egg white
- pinch of salt
- 1 beaten egg, 1 tbsp milk of choice and 2-4 tbsp sugar for egg wash/finishing
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 large ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Goods Natural Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Good Organic Tapioca Flour
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine all of the filling ingredients.
- While the tapioca soaks up the peach juices, preheat the oven to 350F and prepare your crust.
- In a food processor (using the S-blade), pulse the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar and salt a few times.
- Add butter and pulse until the butter chunks are about the size of peas.
- Turn the processor on and pour your milk and egg white in while blending. Keep blending until a dough ball forms.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and roll it out into a circle ¼ inch thick.
- Add your filling in the center, arranging your peaches as desired. Leave a margin of 2 inches all the way around.
- Use the parchment paper to fold the edges over the filling to form a crust, rotating as you go.
- Whisk together an egg and milk to make the egg wash. Coat the crust only and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the dough turns beautifully golden.
- Let cool before serving.
Serves: 6 people (if you each have one slice)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes