You have to admit, it does't get cuter than this, plus they're super tasty too!
They are the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter and very easy to make!
These cookies make the perfect party treat.
Whether you're making these for your Halloween party or just as a treat for your kids, we are sure they'll be frightfully delicious!
Halloween Spider Cookies
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Anthony’s Coconut Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¾ cup Anthony’s Buckwheat Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 18-24 mini peanut butter cups
- 36-48 candy eyes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tsp Anthony’s Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the vegetable shortening, peanut butter, and coconut sugar.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the fats into the sugar until fluffy.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and beat until the batter becomes light and combined.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and instant coffee to the batter and beat again until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on the parchment paper, 12 cookies per baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the cookies on a cooling rack.
- Repeat using the rest of the cookie dough.
- Meanwhile add a peanut butter cup to the top of every cookie, pressing down gently (this will be the spider’s body).
- If the peanut butter cup is melted enough, add the candy eyes to the peanut butter cup (if the chocolate is not melted enough for the eyes to stick, wait a few more minutes and then apply).
- In a microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Place the chocolate into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is creamy and smooth (if it isn’t all the way melted, return the chocolate to the microwave and cook for 10-15 more seconds).
- Add the chocolate to a piping bag with a small piping tip (8).
- Using the chocolate piping bag, add lines to the peanut butter cup so that the spider has legs.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator for the chocolate to harden.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yields: 18-24 cookies
Dairy free & gluten free