Add a kick to sandwiches and expand your home dip selection by whipping up some easy whole grain mustard. Just mix the ingredients, chill for 24 hours and get to dippin’ and spreadin’ it the next day. Who needs the store-bought stuff anyway?
Homemade Whole Grain Mustard
- 6 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Brown Mustard Seeds (whole)
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Mustard Seeds (ground)
- ½ cup beer (or water)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Goods Turmeric Root Powder
- Grind ½ a cup mustard seeds into powder and set aside. Pulse the remaining 6 tbsp whole seeds until partially ground. (Keep this batch mostly whole.)
- Pour the mustard powder, semi-ground seeds and salt into a medium bowl.
- Add the beer or water and stir. Let rest for at least 10 minutes (or longer if you prefer a milder mustard). Then add the vinegar and mix again.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 24 hours before using.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 24 hours, 10 minutes