Lemon is just so refreshing and light! These cookies are exactly that, they don't taste too rich. They are just right.
These cookies are not full of sugar and butter either. They have just the perfect amount of sweetness from coconut sugar. If you really like lemon, you could even add in some lemon rind into the batter.
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour
- ¾ cup of Anthony’s Goods Buckwheat Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup of Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 T poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the almond flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Stir to incorporate all of the dry ingredients.
- Next, add the egg, coconut oil, & lemon extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Lastly, fold in the poppy seeds into the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake the cookies for approximately 12 minutes.
- Once the cookies are golden, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, store them in an airtight container.
Total Time: 27 minutes
Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
Yields: 9-10 cookies