These fluffy gluten-free scones made with cassava flour are the perfect teatime or breakfast treat. The mangoes and coconut add a burst of sweet tropical flavor.
Mango & Coconut Cassava Flour Scones
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup Anthony's Cassava Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Anthony's Coconut Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Anthony's Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup finely diced Anthony's Dried Mangoes
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease a baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the cassava flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Cut the cassava flour mixture into the butter until the mixture looks like very course crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut sugar.
- Pour the egg mixture into the butter and cassava flour mixture. Add the coconut flour; mix well.
- Fold in mangoes and coconut.
- Form dough into a 1" thick round on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cut into 8 wedges; do not separate the wedges.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 scones