These herbalicious millet and green pea patties make the perfect salad topper.
Eggs bring the protein and millet provides healthy carbs, while refreshing mint and parsley bring it all together with panache.
Crunchy and crumbly, these vibrant patties are a great addition to any meal.
Millet and Green Pea Patties
- 1 ½ cup green peas
- 1 cup cooked Anthony’s Goods Hulled Millet
- 1 green onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful fresh mint and parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for pan-frying
- Pulse all of the ingredients in a food processor until a chunky mixture forms. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Grease a pan with olive or coconut oil and heat it to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, spoon the mixture into the pan, shaping them into patties. (If your mixture is too wet, add more millet to help hold it together.) Cook until set and slightly browned then flip to cook the other side.
- Best served on salad with a dollop of yogurt.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes