It's National Granola Bar Day! How are you celebrating? How about making some of these for your friends and family? They make the perfect grab and go snack.
Granola bars are also a great thing to have in the fridge for kids. You can pack them in their lunches or give one to them after school. Tag us on social media if you make some granola bars!
Chocolate Granola Bars
- 2 cups oats
- 1 T flaxseeds
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Shredded Coconut
- Place oats, flaxseeds, chia seeds, coconut sugar in a bowl & stir to combine the dry ingredients.
- Next, add the peanut butter and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Once melted, add the honey & vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir the wet ingredients together until combined.
- Next, add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the mini chocolate chips & shredded coconut to the granola bar batter and stir to mix together.
- Next, add the granola bar batter to an 8X8 inch pan and press down in an even layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer or refrigerator for an hour to harden.
- Once the bars have hardened, cut them into 8-9 granola bars.
- Store the granola bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yields: 8-9 granola bars