Warning: this is not your basic breakfast. Enjoy the health benefits of buckwheat–a protein-packed fruit seed related to rhubarb–in this flavorful porridge.
It’s cool and refreshing (no cooking required!) and loaded with apples and orangey goodness that is beautifully complemented by cardamom, cinnamon and Earl Grey tea.
The batch pairs perfectly with yogurt and honey for a hearty and healthy start your day. Plus, it smells amazing!
Overnight Orange Buckwheat Porridge
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Hulled Buckwheat Groats (soaked in water overnight, or at least one hour)
- ½ cup walnuts (soaked in water overnight, or at least one hour, in a separate bowl)
- 2 pink lady apples, cored
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup strongly brewed Anthony’s Goods Earl Grey Tea, cooled
- Yogurt, honey and powdered cinnamon for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until buckwheat groats are just broken down.
- Serve topped with yogurt of choice and drizzled with honey.
Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: Minimum 1 hour 10 minutes, if not soaking overnight