Waffles and pearl sugar are basically the perfect combination. These waffles get super crunchy on the outside. We have to ask, are you team waffle or team pancake?
We love waffles and pancakes, but one of the beautiful things with waffles is that the syrup stays in those little squares and soaks in all the deliciousness! You can make this a bigger meal by adding a side of eggs or yogurt & some fruit.
Pearl Sugar Waffles
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 2 tsp Anthony’s Goods Coconut Sugar
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Date Sugar
- 1 cup warmed soy milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups white flour
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½-1 cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Pearl Sugar
- Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil for cooking
- Place the yeast, coconut sugar, date sugar, & soy milk into a standing mixer and let the yeast sit for 10 minutes.
- Attached the dough hook to the standing mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil and mix the wet ingredients together.
- Next, add 2 cups of the flour & salt to the mixer.
- Process the flour into the wet mixture, and then add the remaining flour in to mix.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead in the desired amount of pearl sugar.
- Divide the dough into 12 dough balls.
- Cook each ball in the waffle iron until cooked through.
- Serve the waffles with your toppings of choice.
Total time: 5 hours
Serves: 10 waffles