Pickled endive, what a perfect topping for your next BBQ! This reminds us of a coleslaw or sauerkrat but with a touch of different flavor & vibe.
Once again, this pickled endive is a sweet little gift to bring to someone's house warming party or hosting gift. There is love and creativity that goes into this pickled endive which makes it special &a thoughtful gift.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp Anthony’s Goods Cloves
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Goods Coriander
- ½ tsp Anthony’s Goods Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black peppercorns
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp dill weed
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 endives chopped
- Add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cloves, coriander, mustard seeds, black peppercorn, salt, dill weed, and red pepper to a pickling jar.
- Next, add the water & vinegar and stir everything together.
- Add the endive to the pickling ingredients.
- Place the lid on the jar & give it a good shake to mix everything together.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator and allow the pickling to happen overnight.
- Store the jar in the fridge when you are finished using the topping.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: overnight + 10 minutes
Serving: 1 jar
gluten free, dairy free, vegan