Do you want to not feel guilty for eating dessert? Check out this recipe which is macro friendly and super creamy.
The crust, lemon center, and cool whip topping make this triple layer dessert come to life. The different textures will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Protein Lemon Bars
Macronutrients per serving: 9.9 grams fat, 10.4 grams carbohydrates, & 6.2 grams of protein
- 28 grams of Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour
- 14 grams of Anthony’s Goods Coconut Flour
- 22 grams of vegan butter
- 14 grams of unflavored protein powder (whey/casein blend)
- 22 grams of egg whites
- 1 T water
- 1 container of dairy free cool whip
- 1 (8oz.) container of tofu cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (whey/casein blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 inch pan.
- In a bowl add all of the crust ingredients and stir to combine.
- Press the crust dough into the greased pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust cools, make the lemon topping.
- In a bowl, combine ½ the container of cool whip, tofu cream cheese, lemon extract, and vanilla protein powder.
- Stir the mixture to combine.
- Once the crust is cool, add the lemon topping to the top of the crust.
- Top the lemon layer with the left over cool whip.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and cut into 12 bars.
- Store the leftover lemon bars in the freezer.
Cook Time: 1-hour 15minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
Yields: 12 bars