Upgrade your dip game with this smoky, spicy pumpkin seed hummus. Made with spiced and toasted pepitas, tahini and a good old can of chickpeas, this hummus is an easy snack and a unique addition to any meal.
Scoop some up with crackers or spread it inside a sandwich for a flavor and protein boost.
Pumpkin Seed Hummus
- 1 ¾ cups Anthony’s Goods Pumpkin Seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Crackers or pita chips for serving
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and the minced garlic cloves. Saute until fragrant and then add in the pumpkin seeds, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well and toast the seeds on medium heat until lightly browned. Set ¼ cup aside.
- Add the remaining pumpkin seeds to a food processor with the chickpeas, tahini, water and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Garnish with the ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve with crackers or pita chips.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes