As the weather heats up, consider this summery salad for a light lunch or side dish.
It’s a twist on the classic Middle Eastern tabbouleh, using fluffy quinoa instead of traditional cracked wheat in a melange of crisp, crunchy veggies. Dress it all up with refreshing lime or lemon juice and drizzle with heart-healthy olive oil to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Note: this dish requires a good amount of chopping but don’t let that put you off. We promise it’s more than worth it in the end.
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic White Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 bunches parsley
- 1 large or 3 Roma tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 small peppers (or 1 medium red bell pepper)
- Handful fresh mint
- Juice of two limes (or lemons)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and red pepper to taste
- Fill a small pot with ½ cup quinoa and 1 cup water. Let simmer until water is fully absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, finely chop all of your ingredients.
- Let cooked quinoa cool and add ¾ cup into the salad.
- Dress with lime juice and olive oil, and mix well.
- Season with salt and red pepper to taste.
Serves 2-3 people
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins