This cauliflower quinoa bowl has all the colors. Jewel-toned purple and orange cauliflower come together with colorful mini peppers and brussels sprouts in this nourishing veggie bowl.
Toasted cashews add a little crunch, and a creamy, Thai-inspired peanut dressing ties all the flavors together.
Side note: If you can’t get your hands on exotically-hued caulis, feel free to use good old white cauliflower. Everything will still taste great.
Rainbow Cauliflower Quinoa Bowl
Ingredients for the bowl:
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 1 head orange cauliflower (turns yellowish when cooked)
- 5 mini peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- Olive oil, to coat
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Organic White Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Anthony’s Goods Organic Whole Cashews (toasted)
Ingredients for the peanut dressing:
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Peanut Flour
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (grated/paste)
- 4 tsp sriracha
- 4 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the cauliflower and mini peppers. Coat the slices and brussels sprouts evenly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the seasoned vegetables onto two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the quinoa in a stove-top pot with water and a pinch of salt. Cook until the water is completely absorbed (about 15-20 mins). Season with more salt, to taste.
- In a pan or in a toaster oven, toast the cashews until lightly browned.
- Then, prepare the peanut dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- When all the elements are ready, it’s time to assemble! Fill a bowl with greens and top with quinoa, roasted vegetables, toasted cashews and dressing.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes