Looking for a dish that dressed to impress? This turmeric roasted cauliflower comes drizzled in delicious tahini and accessorized with quinoa-chickpea pilaf.
The golden head of cauli makes a great centerpiece in an elegant vegan meal or a satisfying side dish for entertaining.
Roasted Cauliflower with Quinoa and Chickpea Pilaf
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods White Quinoa
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 cup mixed greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian parsley to garnish
- To make the quinoa, cook quinoa and 1 cup water until all liquid is absorbed (approximately 10-15 mins).
- Next, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the bottom of the cauliflower so that it sits flat on the tray. Rub with turmeric, two tbsp olive oil and two pressed cloves of garlic.
- Cook until the top is slightly browned and the florets feel tender when tested with a fork (approximately 1 hour).
- To make the tahini sauce, mix tahini with ½ cup water. If the mixture is too diluted, add more tahini. If it’s too thick, add more water. You want a consistency that’s good for drizzling. Mix in 1 pressed garlic clove, juice of one lemon and salt to taste.
- Open and drain a can of chickpeas. Mix ½ of the can (or all, if you love chickpeas) with the cooked quinoa. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the quinoa-chickpea pilaf onto a bed of greens. Place the cauliflower on top and drizzle the entire dish with tahini sauce. Garnish with Italian parsley.
Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes