Sesame seeds and tahini have become popular in recipes lately.
For those of you who have heard of tahini or sesame butter but don't exactly know what it is, its pretty simple. It is just the ground up paste of sesame seeds!
- 2 cups of Anthony’s Goods Sesame Seeds
- 1 T of oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- Add the sesame seeds to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook the sesame seeds until they turn golden. Watch the sesame seeds carefully because they can burn quickly.
- Once the sesame seeds are golden, place them into a food processor. Process the seeds until they start to form a butter consistency (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Stop the food processor and add the salt.
- Turn the food processor back on and slowly add the oil.
- Process the tahini until smooth (approximately 1 more minute).
- Store the tahini in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Process Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Vegan, Keto, Dairy-Free, & Gluten-Free
Yields: 1 ½ cups of Tahini