There is something classic about a good Snickerdoodle. These come out of the recipe box quite frequently around the holidays, but we say why not make them year round? These cinnamon, buttery, soft cookies are sure to be a favorite.
We have a tip for cookie making: you can prep the dough ahead of time & store it in the freezer for when you need to make a few cookies for your cookie cravings. It is also a handy tip when you need cookies for a get together or celebration.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp Anthony’s Goods Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Cassia Cinnamon
- Add the butter and sugar to a standing mixing bowl & cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, & baking soda to the mixing bowl and stir the dry ingredients into the wet until mixed together.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into your hand & roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough ball onto a baking sheet & repeat until all the dough is rolled into balls.
- Place the pan of dough into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar mixture in a bowl.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll each ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture and return to the pan.
- Place 9-12 cookie dough balls onto a cookie sheet & use a fork to add a crisscross design to the top of each cookie.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough until all the cookies are baked.
Prep-time: 45 minutes
Total-time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: 30 cookies