Socca is a thin, unleavened flatbread made of chickpea flour. And like any flatbread, it’s the perfect vehicle for a pizza-style treatment.
This particular recipe features layers of cool and refreshing yogurt, zaatar mixture, summery vegetables and mint. It’s incredibly filling and the perfect addition to a gluten-free diet.
Socca Zaatar Pizza
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp zaatar mixed with 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup steamed vegetables (We used asparagus, peas and carrots)
- Mint to garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 ½ tsp of the olive oil. Let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes are almost up, preheat the oven to 450F and oil a 10-inch oven-proof skillet with the remaining olive oil.
- Pour in the batter and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges begin to brown and the socca appears set.
- Remove from the oven and carefully slide the socca onto a cutting board to cool slightly.
- When cooler to the touch, top with yogurt and swirl in the zaatar mixture. Top with vegetables and mint.
Serves: 1-2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes