Happy St. Patty's Day! Do you want to be extra festive this year? You can check out this recipe for a fun spin on your morning breakfast. We think kids will really go crazy for these pancakes.
We colored the pancakes green with food coloring & topped the pancakes with cereal marshmallows. You can add a little pot of gold if you want!
St. Patty’s Pancakes
- 1 cup water
- 4 T Anthony’s Goods Buttermilk Powder
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Green food coloring
- Anthony’s Goods Cereal Marshmallows
- Yogurt or whipped topping
- Oil or butter for cooking
- In a small bowl, combine the water with the buttermilk powder with a whisk.
- Place the buttermilk aside.
- In a larger bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir to combine (stir only until mixed).
- Allow the pancake mixture to sit while you get the skillet ready.
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium low heat.
- Once the skillet is heated, add a little butter or oil for cooking.
- Using ¼ cup scoop, scoop the batter out of the bowl and onto the skillet.
- Allow the pancake to cook on each side until baked through and golden.
- Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat steps 7-9 until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Place a serving of pancakes onto a plate & top with yogurt or whipped topping and marshmallows (you can also serve the pancakes with butter & maple syrup).
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes