Wait, read that again, YES this is a tso chicken recipe that you can make at home! You don't have to drive anywhere or pay someone to bring it to you. Most of these ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
There is something special about the sweet and salty combo. This delicious meal is well balanced with some veggies and rice.
- 1 -2 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Cornstarch
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 T Avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 1 T honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Cornstarch
- Heat a skillet on the stove top at medium high heat.
- Add the avocado oil to the pan.
- Next, place the cornstarch, salt, and pepper into a bowl & stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breast pieces to the cornstarch mixture to coat completely.
- Add the coated chicken to the pan and sauté the chicken lightly.
- Next, heat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all of the chicken pieces into the air fryer and allow them to cook for 12-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the garlic powder, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and water to a small pan over the stove.
- Cook the sauce ingredients over medium heat and stir in 1 T cornstarch.
- Continue stirring the sauce until it is heated.
- After the chicken is done in the air fryer, add the chicken to the sauce and stir to completely cover the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to simmer slightly in the sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with rice and stir fried vegetables.
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 3-4 people