Hummus is the perfect dip, it goes with so many different things. You can dip carrots, peppers, cauliflower, pita chips, use it as a topping for a sandwich, and so many other things.
The fun thing about this hummus is the color, not all hummus is bright yellow! Make a batch of this and have it handy to get in those extra servings of vegetables.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 T avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T tahini
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- ¼-1/2 tsp Anthony’s Goods High Curcumin Turmeric
- 1-3 cloves of garlic
- Place all ingredients except turmeric into the food processor and blend until smooth (you can add the turmeric here, but it may stain your food processor).
- Process the ingredients until smooth.
- Scoop all hummus into a stain free bowl & stir in the turmeric.
- Place a lid on the bowl and let the hummus sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve the hummus with pita, vegetables, as a spread, etc.
Total Time: 10 minutes + sit overnight to develop flavors
Yields: 6-8 servings
Gluten free, dairy free, & vegan