Soy-based TVP is the MVP in these mouth-watering stuffed bell peppers.
These beauties are hearty, filling, gluten-free, vegan and easy to make. Enjoy them with refried beans, corn, guacamole or all of the above!
TVP Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Organic TVP
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Organic White Quinoa, cooked
- 4 bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds removed
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hydrate the TVP by placing it in a bowl with 1 ¼ cups hot water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil and taco seasoning for a few minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and then add the TVP, cooked quinoa, black beans and tomato paste. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the liquid of the diced tomatoes is soaked/cooked off. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the halved peppers in a large baking tray and fill them with the TVP mixture.
- Cover the tray with foil and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, until the peppers look cooked. Broil on high for a minute or two to get them to crisp a little.
- Serve with guacamole and a squeeze of lime.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour