Here’s the perfect gluten-free snack. These crunchy, rosemary-flavored breadsticks are dotted with flaxseeds that are packed with fiber and Omega-3s.
The twisty treats are aromatic on their own, and absolutely perfect when dipped in olive oil sprinkled with more rosemary for an extra herbal kick.
Twisty Flaxseed Rosemary Breadsticks
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Flaxseed Meal
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Organic Tapioca Flour
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Arrowroot Flour Powder
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Goods Dried Rosemary Leaves
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Brown Whole Flaxseed
- ½ cup warm water
- In a small cup or bowl, mix ⅓ cup hot water and the flaxseed meal. Let rest for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, psyllium husk powder, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir in the flaxseed mixture, olive oil, ½ cup warm water and stir until well combined. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes to hydrate. Then, add in the rosemary leaves and whole flaxseed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle ¼ inch thick and cut into ½ inch strips. Twist the strips a few times and lay onto a baking sheet. (If the dough is too dry and crumbly, add more warm water and give it a few minutes to soak through.)
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip each breadstick, and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Let cool and enjoy with a few tablespoons of olive oil sprinkled with dried rosemary leaves.
Makes: 2 trays of breadsticks
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes