Who doesn't love chocolate, who doesn't love strawberries, you get the best of both worlds with this recipe! Make these for your sweetheart & they will love you for your sweet gesture. These also make the perfect gift for friends or co-workers.
We love the contrast of colors between the red strawberries, dark brown chocolate, and white coconut. They are just as delicious as they are pretty! You can double this recipe if you need to make a lot of chocolate covered strawberries. You can also use this chocolate for chocolate covered banana slices, marshmallows, pretzels, etc.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint of strawberries, washed & dried
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 T Anthony’s Goods Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Anthony’s Goods Culinary Grade Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Anthony’s Goods Cocoa Butter Wafers
- Anthony’s Goods Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Heat a small saucepan over medium to medium low heat.
- Add the sugar, coconut oi, and cocoa butter to the sauce pan.
- Continue to stir the mixture until completely melted.
- Turn off the stove and remove the pan from the heat.
- Next, stir the vanilla & cocoa powder into the cocoa butter mixture.
- Place parchment paper down onto the counter & set the sauce pan on a hot pad next to the work area.
- Take one strawberry and dip it into the chocolate mixture, allowing a little of the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the strawberry down and onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a little coconut onto the chocolate before it hardens.
- Repeat steps 7-9 until all of the strawberries are covered.
- Allow the chocolate to harden onto the strawberries before placing the strawberries into a container.
- Store leftover strawberries in a seal container in the refrigerator.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Makes: approximately 4-6 soaps