It looks like coffee, smells like coffee, and tastes like coffee... but it isn't actually coffee! Oh man! You are going to want to get yourself some chicory root granules to keep in your pantry.
The fun thing about this recipe is you can switch it up depending on your mood. If you want a little more sweetness you can add honey or coconut sugar. If you want a different twist, you can add coconut extract or another flavor. The limits are endless!
Vanilla Chicory "Coffee"
- 1 tsp Anthony's Goods Chicory Root Granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Anthony's Goods Cassia Cinnamon
- Boil the water and add the chicory root.
- Allow the chicory root to steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicory root is done, strain the chicory root granules & discard them.
- Add the chicory coffee to a coffee mug along with milk, vanilla, & cinnamon.
- Stir everything together & serve!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 23 minutes