If you adore the creamy goodness of cream cheese but can’t enjoy it due to lactose intolerance, this vegan cashew-based spread is your dream come true.
It’s made with just three ingredients and tastes amazing on toasted bagels. Blend them all up and give it a try. We promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Vegan Cashew "Cream Cheese"
- Organic Anthony’s Goods Organic Whole Cashews (soaked at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Suggested toppings: avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, bagel seasoning
- Place everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too gritty, add little splashes of water to help it along.
- Adjust salt and lemon juice as needed.
- Slather onto a bagel or treat of choice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 4 hours, 10 minutes (minimum)