In search of a healthy and delicious Thanksgiving side? These brussels sprouts get their cheesiness from none other than nutritional yeast. Pair that with garlic, olive oil and the tart crunch of pomegranate seeds, and you’ve got yourself a winner that'll bring flavor and festive colors to the holiday table.
Vegan "Cheesy" Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast Flakes, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt (add more to taste)
- Anthony’s Goods Organic Peppercorn, ground (to taste)
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds (to garnish)
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl, coat the brussels sprouts with the olive oil and season with 3 tbsp of the nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and pepper. Add the minced garlic and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Spread the sprouts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon-tahini sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the tahini and water. Keep mixing until the tahini thins and is creamy. (It will look like it’s separating at first. Just keep mixing.)
- Add the lemon juice, garlic and salt. Mix to combine. Taste and add more salt if needed. Set aside.
- When the sprouts are ready, remove them from the oven and garnish with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the lemon-tahini sauce and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes