As the temperature drops and sweater season kicks in, there are few dishes as comforting as a warm bowl of chili. Three kinds of beans and a hefty serving of TVP give this meal the fullness factor and smokey, spicy flavors will warm you right up.
This recipe is pantry-friendly, so you probably have all (or most) of these items on hand, and it takes just 30 minutes to whip up. Perfect for a weekday meal!
Vegan Chili with TVP
- 1 ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 2 15-ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot and saute onions over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth, beans, TVP, chili, cocoa powder, cayenne and paprika. Let simmer for 20 minutes and add salt to taste.
- Best served with Millet “Cornbread.”
Serves: 5-6 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes