Bring your coffee and your appetite. These vegan almond biscotti are lightly-sweetened, crunchy, almondy and slathered in chocolate–the perfect match for a hot cup of joe. That’s amore!
Vegan Chocolate-Dipped Biscotti
- 1 ¾ cups Anthony’s Goods Blanched Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Anthony’s Goods Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Goods Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey-roasted almond slivers
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 bar 70% cocoa dark chocolate (optional)
- Whisk together the almond flour, almond slivers, coconut sugar, arrowroot, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and extracts and stir well until everything is combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape it into a log (11 inches long x 2 ½ inches wide).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the log is set and has turned a light golden-brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool. Then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake again, preheat the oven to 250F. Place the log onto a cutting board and cut into ½ inch slices. Place the slices on the baking sheet (cut side up), and bake for 20 minutes. Flip each biscotti and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the biscotti cool inside for 2 hours for a nice and crunchy cookie.
- (Optional) When the cookies have cooled, melt the dark chocolate and coat the bottom of the biscotti. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes for the chocolate to set.
Makes: 20-22 biscotti
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 4 hours, 30 minutes