Here’s an easy, grab-and-go breakfast for frittata lovers everywhere. Chickpea flour stands in for eggs in this quick and customizable recipe.
Select your favorite mix-ins, fold them into the batter and bake these muffin-shaped breakfasts for a healthy start to your day. They taste delicious with a drizzle of hot sauce or a dollop of greek yogurt (if you’re not vegan).
Vegan Mini Chickpea Flour Frittatas
- 1 ¾ cup Anthony’s Goods Chickpea Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peas or corn
- 2 cups assorted veggies/mix-ins, finely chopped (we used mini peppers and asparagus, but you can also use corn, mushrooms, spinach, and cheese, if you’re not vegan)
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, basil and garlic powder together. Add in the peas, parsley, onions and other vegetables/mix-ins. Mix everything well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and scoop (using a ¼ measuring cup) the batter into a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tin, allow to cool a bit and enjoy drizzled with your favorite hot sauce!
Makes: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes