Fall is pretty much the best time to indulge in some pie. Right? We think so! This Walnut Chocolate Bourbon Pie is so unique and different from the traditional pumpkin pie that everyone will be wanting a slice.
The chocolate, walnuts, and coconut pair so well with the bourbon to give this pie a little tasty kick. The key to this pie is the homemade pie crust. This pie crust is probably the best flakey pie crust we have ever made. Make sure you screen shot this recipe because everyone will be asking you for it!
Walnut Chocolate Bourbon Pie
- ½ cup ice water
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 T Anthony’s Goods Corn Starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, cold & cubed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Anthony’s Goods Walnuts
- ¼ cup of Anthony’s Goods Shredded Coconut, optional
- Start by making the pie crust: in a bowl mix together the salt, flour, & corn starch.
- Cut in the butter, making sure there are lumps of butter remaining.
- Mix together the vinegar, water, and egg.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture slowly, ensuring you mix well & just enough liquid so that the dough forms (you don’t want the dough too dry or too wet).
- Pat the dough into a ball and stick into the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Next, remove the dough from the fridge & roll the dough out on a floured surface (ensure that you are flouring and rotating the dough as you roll it out. Brush off any remaining flour)
- Fold the dough over & repeat rolling it out 3 times as this helps incorporate the dough ingredients together.
- Return the dough to the fridge for an hour to chill (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a sauce pan, combine dark brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter and stir until combined and melted
- Once the sugar butter mixture starts to boil & bubble up, turn the stove off.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Next, take your dough out and roll into a size large enough to fit into your pie plate.
- Slowly place the pie crust into the pie plate & trim the edges of the pie.
- You can crimp the edges of the pie for a decorative look.
- Once the sauce has cooled, add the eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt slowly and mix together until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips, walnuts, & optional coconut to the filling mixture and stir together.
- Pour the filling into the pie pan and place into the oven to cook for an hour or until set.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving.
Prep time: 2 1/2 hours (or overnight)
Total time: 4 hours