Organic Guar Gum: Gluten Free & Non-GMO
About Our Organic Guar Gum
- USDA Organic Guar Gum Powder - 12 oz
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Great for enhancing the texture and appearance of gluten free recipes - Thickener and Binder
- Product of India, Packed in USA
- Derived from Organic Guar Beans
Guar Gum, also known as Guaran, is made from the seeds of the Indian cluster bean plant. The Guar seeds are dehusked and milled into a fine white powder that is popular in gluten free recipes. Guar Gum acts like the gluten protein and prevents the oil droplets in a recipe from sticking together and separating. It thickens and increases dough yield by trapping air bubbles, resulting in light and fluffy baked goods.
Guar Gum is also used for thickening and improving the texture of cold foods like ice cream, salad dressings and pastry fillings. For best results, separately mix the Guar Gum and oil in a recipe before adding other ingredients.
Baking: 1 tsp per cup of Gluten Free Flour
Breads: 1.5-2 tsp per cup of Gluten Free Flour
Cold Foods: 1-2 tsp per quart of liquid
1 tsp Guar Gum = ½ tsp Anthony’s Xanthan Gum